Saturday, December 29, 2007

Our Crazy Christmas

Christmas Eve we headed up to Tremonton to spend the night with Tim's family. Tim's mom made, yet again, another delicious dinner. We participated in the Christmas tradition program, played a little scrabble, watched football, played Playstation 3, and just enjoyed each other's company.

Well here is where the fun starts(sarcastically speaking). Tim and I didn't end up going to bed until about 2:30 am (Tim was playing PlayStation 3 with Marlon, while I was helping with some last minute Christmas preparations). Around 3:00 am we heard Addison crying. Tim went in to get her, and then told me he needed my help. Addison had thrown up all over herself and the crib. We took her out and put her in the bathtub. I felt so bad for her, her little stomach would start to contract and then she would start to dry heave and then throw up and then start to cry. (This probably continued for a good three hours.) Poor little thing, all she wanted was for me to hold her and comfort her all night. I told Tim to go back to bed because both of us didn't need to be up, and well, I knew that I could just sleep on the drive back to Salt Lake. I ended up holding her the rest of the morning and letting her fall asleep on me. After she woke up we gave her a little apple juice to see if she could keep it down, luckily she did. Well that Christmas morning we opened presents packed up and headed to my parents. After the awful commute back to Salt Lake, we finally arrived at my parents for a nice Christmas breakfast. Every Christmas morning my mom's whole extended side of the family comes over to enjoy a Christmas breakfast and then we all exchange gifts. Addison was such a trooper, you wouldn't even guess that she was so sick, she was very happy and having lots of fun opening presents. I was super surprised at how much interest Addison had at opening presents this year. Other than Addison being sick, we had a wonderful Christmas and this one will be quite memorable. Addison was definitely spoiled by everyone this year and we are very thankful to have so much family that live so close to spend Christmas with.

Funniest quote from Christmas Eve:

Maddison(Addison's cousin): Can Addison say her name yet?
Kim: No, not yet
Maddison: Because if she could say "Addison", she could probably say "Maddison".

Here are some pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Addison and Grandma
Addison opening her new Christmas PJs from Grandma Shirley





Marlie's first Christmas outfit from Aunt Mary and Uncle Cam
Isn't she so cute?!


My Niece and Nephew

Opening presents at Grandma and Grandpa Wright's house.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Addi had a lot of fun even if she was sick. We have had fun with family over the Holidays too. We thankfully have only had colds and no flu!

Cam and Mary said...

We had a great time with you guys, too! It is crazy to think that next year Addie will have another cousin to play with!:)