Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving at the Shirley's

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Ever since I can remember I have always had two Thanksgiving dinners. We would get together with my Dad's side of the family in the morning/ mid-afternoon and then our family would come home relax/sleep and then we were off to have have another Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's extended side of the family. And ever since Tim and I have been married we have gone to three Thanksgiving dinners. I know CRAZY!! I have to say that Tim and I are very thankful to have so much family so close that we can spend the holidays with. This year, especially with Addison, we thought it would be easiest to spend Thanksgiving with one family. Although it was sad that we didn't get to see everyone on my side of the family, it was nice not to feel rushed and we were able to spend some quality time with Tim's family. We were sad that Marlon wasn't able to come home for Thanksgiving. We missed him, and we are excited to see him at Christmas time.

Well Tim's mom out did herself yet once again. All the food was delicious, Tim's mom spends about an hour or two de-boning the turkey the day before she cooks it. Doing this really makes the turkey taste so yummy. We really appreciate all the time she puts into making all the delicious food, especially her homemade rolls. This year Addison was able to eat her first real Thanksgiving dinner. She had turkey, sweet potatoes, jello, stuffing, and a roll. I think Addison's favorite part about Thanksgiving was walking around with Maddi. Addison just loves Maddi, she is always playing with her and making her laugh.

Here are some pictures with Addison walking with her cousin, Maddi.


Grandpa and Grandma Shirley

Thanksgiving this year came and went really fast. We had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with Tim's family. We have so much to be thankful for, and we are indeed grateful for all of our many blessing. We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

I like your Christmas theme Kim! It was really good to see you guys at Thanksgiving as well. Can't wait for Christmas! Addie will be fun this year I bet!

The Morris Family said...

Hey guys, I like your new bacckground and all of your new pictures! I fianlly got around to making a new post. I actualy posted a few new things. I have been taking a lot of pictures, but just not making the time to get them on the blog. Well, it was great seeing you at Thanksgiving and hopefully next time I see you I will have had my baby! Madison will be so excited to see the pictures of her and Addie. She took Addison's picture to school today for show and tell. Have a great week! Love ya lots!!!